Covid-19 Vaccinations at NUH
On this page you will find general information about the Covid-19 vaccine, how to book at NUH or at another vaccination centre in the community, and where the QMC Hospital vaccination hub is located.
Further information on the Covid Vaccination programme in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire can be found on the CCG website.
How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
The vaccines meet the strict standards of safety, quality and effectiveness set out by the independent Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). The MHRA follows international standards of safety and approved vaccines must go through all the clinical trials and safety checks that all other licensed medicines go through.
Other vaccines are being developed. They will only be available on the NHS once they have been thoroughly tested to make sure they are safe and effective.
Who shouldn’t have the vaccine?
The vaccine is safe for most people, but you are advised to not book the vaccine if you:
- Received a flu vaccination in the last seven days
- Currently have a fever
- Have a history of an allergic reaction to the ingredients of the vaccines
- Tested positive for Covid-19 in the last four weeks
Who is eligible to receive the vaccine?
Currently anyone over the age of 30.
Covid-19 Vaccines in the community
See the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire CCG website for full details of the community vaccination rollout, including location of Vaccination Centres and booking information.
Covid-19 Vaccines at our hospital vaccination centres
The booking link for the QMC Vaccination Hub can be found here.
Attending your appointment
Please do not attend your appointment if you have had sickness or diarrhoea in the last 48 hours, a postive Covid test within 4 weeks of your appointment, or if you have any Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms.
- Ensure that if you have had your flu vaccination, it was more than 7 days before ago
- Turn up just before your scheduled appointment time
- Attend alone unless you need support from a carer. Please note our vaccination clinic staff are unable to look after children so please arrange childcare if needed.
- Bring your NHS number
- Avoid bringing large bags or other personal items with you
- Wear a surgical face mask at all times unless medically exempt
- Observe social distancing and signage
Attending for a Covid-19 vaccine at Queen's Medical Centre
The QMC Covid-19 Vaccination Centre is located in the Discharge Lounge, Ward A44, A Floor, South Block of the QMC (21 on this map ).
Enter via the South Entrance, opposite the EENT entrance.
Limited parking for those with mobility issues is available in the bays outside EENT.
The nearest visitor car park is Car Park 1. You can find maps of the QMC site here.