Wuhan Novel Coronavirus
Information regarding the Wuhan novel coronavirus
The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
If you have arrived back to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau within 14 days, follow the specific advice for returning travellers:
If you have been to any other place listed above
If you have been to any other place listed above:
- Call 111 if you become unwell
- You do not need to restrict activities if you are well
- Get further information from www.gov.uk/coronavirus
To stop the spread of viral infections like this it is always good practice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Get further information from www.gov.uk/coronavirus