Urgent Treatment Centre
NHS111 may also direct you to the Nottingham Urgent Treatment Centre: Seaton House,
City Link, Nottingham, NG2 4LA, (next to the BBC building).
It is open every day from 7am to 9pm and deals with non life threatening injuries (it has X-ray facilities) and health problems. You don’t need an appointment to attend.
The service is a real alternative to visiting the Emergency Department (ED) for non-life threatening injury and illness that needs treating straight away. You should have a shorter waiting time than if you visit ED /the hospital.
The centre offers assessment and treatment for urgent health conditions such as:
- Minor burns or scalds
- Minor head injuries with no loss of consciousness
- Skin infections or animal bites
- Suspected broken bones, sprains and strains (X-ray facilities are available) - if you have a fracture, the Urgent Care Centre will provide appropriate treatment on site and arrange for you to have follow-up care at the fracture clinic
- Eye infections or minor eye injuries
- Open wounds or cuts that may require suturing (stitches).