Urgent Treatment Centre
111 may also direct you to the new Nottingham Urgent Treatment Centre on London Road (next to the BBC building). It is open every day from 7am to 9pm and deals with non life threatening injuries (it has X-ray facilities) and health problems. You don’t need an appointment to attend.
The service aims to be a real alternative to visiting the emergency department (ED) for non-life threatening injury and illness that needs treating straight away. You should have a shorter waiting time than if you visit ED /the hospital.
The centre offers assessment and treatment for urgent health conditions such as:
- minor burns or scalds
- minor head injuries with no loss of consciousness
- skin infections or animal bites
- suspected broken bones, sprains and strains (X-ray facilities are available) - if you have a fracture, the Urgent Care Centre will provide appropriate treatment on site and arrange for you to have follow-up care at the fracture clinic
- eye infections or minor eye injuries
- open wounds or cuts that may require suturing (stitches)
An urgent dental service is also available on-site that can provide free advice on dental problems.