If you need medical care or advice that is urgent but not an immediate, genuine emergency, please visit https://111.nhs.uk/ or call 111 first so that trained NHS 111 advisors can tell you the best place to be seen quickly.

How to make a complaint

If you have a concern about the care that you have received at Nottingham University Hospitals, it is best to try to sort it out straight away. We work hard to give the highest standards of care but sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens, we do all that we can to put things right for you as quickly as possible and do our best to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again.

To make a complaint, speak to the nurse in charge of the ward or service. If this is not possible, you can talk to PALS:

Tel: 0800 183 02 04

Email: PALS@nuh.nhs.uk

or write to:
c/o PALS
NEA 14614
Nottingham NG7 1BR


If you have concerns and aren’t happy with the way your concerns have been dealt with when you raised them with the Trust, you are entitled to make a formal complaint.

To make a formal complaint about the Trust, please write to:

Anthony May
Chief Executive
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
City Hospital
Hucknall Road


If you would like some advice about making a complaint, please contact the PALS team.

Tel: 0800 183 02 04

Email: PALS@nuh.nhs.uk