Travel by car and parking
City Hospital car parks
Please use the car parks designated for public parking (indicated by a blue P symbol or blue disabled parking symbol on the map of the City Hospital site), including:
- All roadside spaces on South Road (from Gate 3)
- Purple Entrance car park - close to North Corridor (medical and surgical wards)
- Yellow car park - close to Yellow Entrance, near to Gate 5
- Green car park - close to Green Entrance and Hayward House
- Physiotherapy car park - close to Physiotherapy Outpatients and x-ray
- Blue Entrance car park - close to outpatients, maternity and x-ray
- A number of additional car parks.
Follow signs when you arrive at City Hospital or see the map below (click to enlarge).
- Hospital maps City Hospital
- Click here to see the staff car parks
We have parking rules at our hospitals. This means that anyone parking dangerously, obstructing red lined or hatched areas could face a £50 fine (reduced to £25 if paid in 14 days).
The Trust is not responsible for any public car parks near or adjacent to the hospital site which are operated by third parties.
Important note: The pay and display car parking machines on site require exact change. You can change notes at the Parking & Security office at Trust HQ on North Road - the office is on the first floor.
- 0-15 minutes – free
- 16 minutes to 1 hour – £2
- 1-2 hours – £4
- 2-4 hours – £5
- More than four hours – £6
- 1 week – £15
Concessions are made for visitors who need to attend hospital regularly. Please ask a member of staff for more information.
Disabled car parking
Parking for blue badge holders is free in designated blue badge spaces (but not within the main paid-for barrier-controlled car parks). If there are no official spaces available, blue badge holders may park anywhere on site that is not marked with red lines, provided they do so in a safe and proper manner and they do not impede ambulance/fire engine access.