We are now offering PrEP funded by the NHS, with a combination tablet of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabine.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Men (cis and trans) and trans women
- Anal sex without a condom in previous six months
- Likely to have anal sex without a condom
- HIV-negative partner of HIV-positive person
- Partner not known to be viral load-suppressed (<200 copies/ml) and on antiviral therapy for six months or more
- Sex without a condom likely before viral load is fully suppressed
- Other HIV-negative people who are assessed as being at similarly high risk of HIV
To discuss PrEP, please call us on 0115 962 7627 and ask to be booked in for a telephone appointment in the sexual health service (Option 1).
Taking PrEP safely
Before you start it is very important to make sure that you are HIV-negative and have had kidney function testing. If you choose to buy your own PrEP, we can still provide you with the safety tests necessary to take PrEP safely in our service.
To discuss PrEP monitoring, please call us on 0115 962 7627 and ask to be booked in for a telephone appointment in the sexual health service (Option 1).
For more information on PreP please go to:www.iwantprepnow.co.uk