Any sexual contact without consent is illegal.
What is consent?
Consensual sex means that everyone taking part has agreed to it and knows what is involved.
Consent means; Permission for something to happen or agreeing to do something.
To give consent you must understand what you are agreeing to and can give your consent freely. If you are drunk, unconscious on drugs, feels scared or forced the consent you give or get doesn't count. Consent has to be given each and every time time you have sex and can be with drawn at any point. You have the right to say “NO or “STOP” at any time and to anyone.
What is sexual assault?
If someone doesn’t give consent and a person still continues with any sexual activity without permission, this is sexual assault or rape. This includes sexual touching, oral sex, anal and vaginal sex with a penis or with any other object.
If you feel you have been sexually assaulted please contact us - 01159 627 627
Further support for people in abusive relationships
- Sexual Violence and abuse – 0808 800 0340
- Topaz centre - 0800 085 9993
- Nottingham Rape crisis counselling line - 01159410 440
- National Rape crises – 0808 802 9999
- Broken rainbow – LGBT domestic violence – 0300 999 5428
- Rights of women – 02072518887
- East midlands children and young people– 0800 1830023
- Stalking helpline – 0808 802 0300