All of Nottingham University Hospitals’ training is available to people in Nottingham City and the Nottinghamshire Southern County. Depending on the training or workshop, it will either be delivered by the Integrated Sexual Health Training team or by the Sexual Health Outreach and Health Promotion team.
Early Intervention and RSE Workshops for Young People
We offer FREE informal and formal relationships and sex education workshops to a wide range of young people aged 13-25 in a variety of settings including schools, FE Colleges, Youth Centres, Alternative Provision, Children in Care, ESOL, Learning Disability Groups, LGBT Groups, Young Refugees and Youth Offending.
We can provide high-quality age-appropriate workshops which can be one-off sessions or, preferably, we can deliver programmes lasting five to six weeks.
All of our workshops are tailored and are inclusive. For more information refer to the summary document that provides the main objectives for each session. Sessions are booked by completing the relevant booking form and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Tel: 0115 969 1169 Ext: 51617/51639
The workshops we deliver include:
- Healthy Relationships
- Puberty and Bodies
- Child Sexual Exploitation and Grooming
- Sexual Consent and the Law
- Social Media and Sexting
- Attitudes and Values
- STI prevention
- Contraception choices
- Educational Guide to Pornography
- Gender & Sexual Minorities
Training For Professionals Working With Young People
We offer FREE training to anyone who works with or supports young people across Nottinghamshire City and Southern County boroughs. Our training courses are varied and we run these throughout the year as either full or half-day courses. Our courses can be booked for bespoke CPD or INSET training, all we require is that we have at least 10 individuals booked on and that a venue is provided for us to deliver the session.
For further information about our courses refer to the Training Information document below. To book on to our scheduled training please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/nottingham-sexual-health-service-19757825374.
Alternatively, for CPD/INSET complete our Bespoke Training Booking Form and return to email@example.com.
The training sessions we cover include:
- Friend or Foe? – Keeping young people/adults with learning disabilities safe
- He Said, She Said – Young People and Sexual Consent
- No Strings Attached – Attachment theory and sexual risk taking
- Pornification – An exploration of the impact of pornography upon children and young people
- Selfie Generation - Sexting and other shared sexual images, helping young people to address the risks
- Sexcellant Sexpectations - Working with girls and young women to develop sex positive relationship and sex education
- Sexcellant Sexpectations - Working with boys and young men to develop sex positive relationship and sex education
- Silence is Golden - CSE Awareness Training
- What About The Boys? – Boys CSE/CCE training
- Gender and Sexual Minorities - Sexual minorities are people whose sexual or gender identity differ from the majority of the surrounding society
- Keeping It Safe - RSE toolkit for young people with learning disabilities
- Off The Shelf - Delivering Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
- Risk – Exploring risky sexual behaviour in young people
- Sexual healing - Generic sexual health training on how to talk to young people about sex
- Health Promotion – Information about the outreach services
Book Us For Events
The Outreach and Health Promotion team will often set up stalls at events for young people or other vulnerable groups to signpost individuals to our services, hand out the information leaflets available and distribute free condoms. We regularly do community events such as Pride and the Universities’ Freshers.
Training For Healthcare Professionals
The integrated sexual health training team coordinate various training sessions and updates for healthcare professionals in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire Southern boroughs.
If you are interested in receiving bespoke training for your service or team, please contact us on SHS.Training@nuh.nhs.uk or visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/nuh-integrated-sexual-health-service-21945335502
For general information about the DFSRH Diploma in Sexual and Reproductive Health or the Letter of Competence in Subdermal Implants or Intrauterine Techniques, please see the FSRH website.
We usually run a Sexually Transmitted Infections Foundation core course once per year, details can be found on the STIF website. If you are interested in undertaking STIF practical competencies though our service, please contact us via email.