Lynch syndrome and inherited colorectal cancer
The resources below have been developed to support implementation of mainstreaming Lynch syndrome gene testing through cancer services in Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire. We call this Mainstreaming Cancer Genetics (MCG).
These resources have been designed for use within our Trust and the district hospital which we serve. Any of the specialist nurses or clinicians involved in the care of patients with colorectal cancer can complete the training resources.
If you have queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps for training
1) Email email@example.com to arrange a time for face to face or virtual (video) training.
2) You may wish to watch the training videos provided by the Royal Marsden prior to face-to-face or virtual training:
- Video 1: What is mainstreaming?
- Video 2: Overview of Lynch syndrome
- Video 3: Tumour testing: Identifying patients likely to have Lynch syndrome
- Video 4: Understanding genetic testing, and patient management thereafter
These can all be found on the Royal Marsden YouTube channel: RM Partners - YouTube
3) Face to face or virtual training to talk though any further questions and go through the protocol for testing and the consent procedure.
Protocol for the Nottingham Gynae-Oncology department: MCG-LYNCHEndoNUHProtocol V4March 2022.pptx [pptx] 127KB
- Family history questionnaire: FHQ (genetics return address).xls [xls] 45KB
- Testing strategies pathway: BAGP-BGCS-NICE-MMR-pathway.pdf [pdf] 271KB
- Record of discussion (consent) form: MCG-LYNCH ROD FORM V3 05.05.22.docx [docx] 35KB
- UK Cancer Genetics Group Management Guidelines for MLH1.pdf [pdf] 571KB
- UK Cancer Genetics Group Management Guidelines for MSH2.pdf [pdf] 571KB
- UK Cancer Genetics Group Management Guidelines for MSH6.pdf [pdf] 569KB
- UK Cancer Genetics Group Management Guidelines for PMS2.pdf [pdf] 637KB
- UK Cancer Genetics Group Management Guidelines for Lynch syndrome FAQ.pdf [pdf] 408KB