Hereditary breast cancer
The resources below have been developed to support implementation of mainstreaming of the R208 Hereditary breast cancer panel which currently in this area includes BRCA1/2 and PALB2 testing through cancer services in Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire. We call this Mainstreaming Cancer Genetics (MCG).
This model of gene testing has been successfully implemented at other cancer genetics services such as the Marsden Hospital.
The resources listed here have been based around the published material from the Marsden Hospital and adapted for use within our Trust and the district hospital which we serve. Any of the specialist nurses or clinicians involved in the care of women with breast cancer can complete the training resources.
If you have queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frequently asked questions booklet: MCG-FAQ1 V2.doc [doc] 121KB
- Protocol for the Nottingham Breast Institute: MCG-P1-Breast-Notts-V5.pptx [pptx] 138KB
- Protocol for the Derby family history service: MCG P3 V2 Derby protocol.pptx [pptx] 91KB
- Family history questionnaire: FHQ.xls[xls] 37KB
- Record of discussion (consent) form for patients with breast cancer: MCG BREAST ROD FORM 05.05.22.docx [docx] 35KB
- UKCGG_BRCA1_guideline_v1_02092022.pdf [pdf] 207KB
- UKCGG_BRCA2_guideline_v1_02092022.pdf [pdf] 208KB
- UKCGG_BRCA_FAQ_v1_02092022.pdf [pdf] 250KB
Information sheets for patients
- Information about BRCA and PALB2 testing: MCG-IS1-R208-Pt-info-leaflet-BRCA PALB2.doc [doc] 113KB
- A normal BRCA1/2 +/- PALB2 result: MCG-IS2-V5-Pt-info-normal-result-all genes.doc [doc] 62KB
- A positive BRCA1/2 result: MCG IS3-v4-BRCA positive.doc [doc] 194KB
- A positive PALB2 result: MCG IS5-v4 Pt info-PALB2 positive.doc [doc] 154KB
- An unclassified variant: MCG-IS4-v4-Pt-info-VUS-all genes.docx [docx] 97KB
Suggested template letters for patients
- A normal BRCA1/2 or PALB2 result: MCG GRL1 Br normal result updated 2022.doc [doc] 78KB
- A positive BRCA1/2 result: MCG GRL2 Br BRCA mut updated 2022.doc [doc] 80KB
- A positive PALB2 result: MCG GRL4 Br PALB2 mutation updated 2022.doc [doc] 81KB
- Unclassified variant: MCG GRL3 Br VUS updated 2022.doc [doc] 78KB