Chandos Clinic (sexual difficulties clinic)
The clinic is run from the Chandos clinic at City Hospital.
We see patients with sexual difficulty related to:-
- Sexual Desire/Arousal
- Ejaculation: Rapid/Delayed
- Sexual Pain: Vaginismus, Genital pain
- Sexual Difficulties Related to Disability/ill health
- Compulsive Sexual Behaviour
We are not able to see patients with the following (see useful links below):
- Illegal Sexual Behaviour
- Mental Health illness that would preclude an individual from engaging with the Service and would be more appropriately managed in a general mental health setting
- Individuals requiring Trauma Therapy
To access the Chandos clinic you will need to be referred by a health professional, normally your GP.
NOTE FOR GPs: Chandos clinic referrals can be found under GU Medicine on e-RS
If you have already been referred and need to contact us, please ring 0115 969 1169 ex 75582.
The Chandos Clinic is located on the City Hospital site, at the end of the physiotherapy corridor (see site map: City Hospital Site Map [pdf] 2MB)
Childhood Sexual Abuse:
- Support for Survivors – a charity offering support for male & female victims and survivors aged 18 plus who may have been sexually, physically, emotionally abused in childhood. Also support those trafficked and raped as well as Incest survivors.
- Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Talking Therapies - Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Talking Therapies is a free and confidential NHS service designed to help with common mental health problems such as stress, anxiety and depression. Anyone aged 18 years or over and registered with a GP can access support, though a GP referral is not necessary as you can self-refer.
- SHE - S.H.E. UK. is a Registered Charity based in Nottinghamshire that offers a holistic range of support services for survivors of childhood sexual abuse, exploitation and sexual violence.T; 01623622916 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Services
- The Human Flourishing Project
- Turning Point
Individuals under investigation for Illegal Activities: