Our leadership team
Research and Innovation at NUH is led by a team of internationally recognised clinicians, academics and scientists.
At NUH we have dedicated facilities for research and a comprehensive research infrastructure that enables us to carry out life-changing research for our patients.
Our Research and Innovation leadership team is supported by expertise in:
- Translational research
- Experimental and early phase research
- Industry partnerships
- Data and informatics
- Grant applications and sponsorship
- Intellectual Property and commercialisation
- Medical devices and technology
- End-to-end trials set up and management
- Governance and quality
- Patient and pubic involvement
Clinical leadership is provided through the Clinical Director for Research and Innovation, supported by designated research leads in each of our Clinical Divisions.
The Research Operations team provides a number of core functions essential to your research:
- Research trial development
- Grant application and funding bids
- Research performance
- Data and research systems
The Research Operations team also manages the back office systems (procurement, payroll, administration) and the development of our Research Futures School.
The research delivery team co-ordinates research across NUH and with our centres of excellence. It provides dedicated research nurses, midwives, facilitators, practitioners and administrators who work directly with our Clinical Divisions to ensure effective delivery of clinical research. The team is also responsible for the development of our clinical research workforce.
The team can help your research with:
- study support, information and resources management
- skilled research staff to help with every stage from study set-up and study site management; participant identification and recruitment; and participant follow-up
- Skills development, knowledge transfer and training for you and your team.
We have a dedicated Commercial Team working with industry partners and developing commercial research trials. The team is also there to advise on Intellectual Property and commercialisation of research.
Governance and Quality
Our Governance and Quality Team is here to advise you on the quality and regulatory aspects of your research.
- Regulatory requirements
- Quality standards
- Ethics approval
- Guidelines, templates and procedures governing all clinical research activities at NUH
Patient and Public Involvement
Nottingham has a long-established expertise in public and patient involvement in research. We support researchers through:
- ensuring patients are at the centre of the research that we do
- advice on planning, costing and developing patient involvement as part of a clinical trial
- supporting patients, carers and the public to take part in our research in a number of ways
Communications and marketing
Research has a dedicated team for managing all aspects of media relations, marketing and stakeholder engagement.