CF Social Worker

There are various issues which we can either help you with, or we can put you in touch with someone else who can. We offer practical and emotional support, in particular with: 

  • education - school and college
  • employment issues and changes at work
  • housing
  • benefits
  • grants, wishes and other financial support
  • getting care and support services
  • relationship, family and carer issues, including information for children and parenting issues. 
  • transition work from 14+ years of age
  • emotional support, particularly with treatments and illness, transplant, or other difficult times, and with bereavement

How we help:

  • with practical situations, we can help you look at the issues and options. We can speak for you (advocacy) by phone, through letters, and we can accompany you to meetings within the hospital and with other organisations
  • we can help you contact other organisations, depending on what you need
  • we can talk through difficult issues with you. This often, in itself, helps people to come to decisions about how they want to go forward and exactly what help, if any, they want
  • we sometimes work with other team members and with other hospital teams, for example QMC youth service and psychological services

Contact us

Our Social worker, Wellington, is available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.

Mobile: 07812 269177

Can you help us improve our website?

Please help us to improve the Nottingham University Hospitals website by filling in this short six question survey.

Complete the website survey

*If you have filled in this survey, press the X in the top right corner