Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology
The Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology Department provides a service for children, young people and adults who have mental health problems as a result of physical health problems, and/or their cognitive functioning has been affected following a trauma or illness.
Clinical Psychologists and Neuropsychologists in the department work in a range of services, including Adult and Paediatric Burns, Adult and Paediatric Cleft Lip and Palate, Adult and Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis, Adult Haematology, Adult and Paediatric Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation, Adult Major Trauma, Paediatric Oncology, Adult Renal and the Adult Medical Outpatient Service (AMOS). There is some limited provision for general Paediatric patients.
Referrals can be made by Consultants/health professionals in the specialties that have Clinical Psychology or Neuropsychology provision, or directly to either AMOS or the general paediatrics service.
List of NUH Specialalities and Clinical Psychology:
The Director of Clinical Psychology & Neuropsychology is Dr Arleta Starza-Smith, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Consultant Paediatric Neuropsychologist
Tel: 0115 924 9924 Ext: 86165 (there is an answerphone and this is checked regularly).
Email contact: psychologyadminDONOTREPLY@nuh.nhs.uk
Follow us on Twitter: @ClinPsyNUH
Follow us on Instagram: @ClinPsyNUH
- NUH_AMOSCP4Clinical Psychology
- Looking at your burn injuries
- Emotional reaction following serious injury or illnes
- Clinical psychology service for patients with burn injury
- A guide to support services following burn injuries
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis – Clinical Psychology Referral Criteria
- WEB_2563v1_Clinical Psychology
- Guidelines for Referral to Clinical Psychology Service (Renal Tranplant Psychology) Referral Guidelines
- Guidelines for Referral to Clinical Psychology Service for Patients with Renal Disease
- STROKE REFERRALS POSTER
- Emotional reactions following a serious injury, accident or diagnosis of a serious illness
- Post-traumatic Amnesia
- Neuropsychology at Linden Lodge
- Referrals to Clinical Psychology
- Psychological Care for People with Cancer Referral Form
- Cleft Clinical Psychology Service - Referral guidance.docx
- 2265v3_Clinical Psychology for Haematological Cancer.pdf
- 2266v3_Clinical Psychology for Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassaemia.pdf