Nominate a member of staff for a TULIP Award
If you would like to nominate one of our staff for providing excellent care to you or a loved one you can nominate them for a Nottingham University Hospitals TULIP Award.
Nominations can be made by completing and posting the nomination cards on wards and in public areas into the DAISY post boxes.
Or by completing a TULIP Award Nomination Form.
The TULIP Awards
The Trust's Tulip Awards recognise staff for outstanding care
Following on from the Daisy Awards, led by the Barnes Family to recognise outstanding Nursing, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH) decided to launch its “Touching Unique Lives In Practice (TULIP)” Award to recognise Health Care Assistants, Clinical Support Workers, ODPs and Nursing Associates in a similar way, with the driving force of Healthcare Assistant Roxanne Terelak, who collated the necessary background information to make these awards possible and provided a distinguished meaning for the blue tulip:
''Blue tulips are thought to symbolise tranquillity and peace because of their blue colour. When given to someone else, the flowers convey a message of trust and loyalty. Because they are one-of-a-kind, blue tulips represent individuality and uniqueness.''
The TULIP Award has now been given to a large number of staff members since its launch in late 2019, with nominations continuing to grow each year. If you would like to nominate an NUH staff member, please follow the link above this box.
Each TULIP Award Honouree is recognised at a small ceremony in their ward or department with: a beautiful certificate, a TULIP Award pin and a set of artificial blue tulips.
By completing a TULIP Award nomination form, you consent for your personal data to be processed for the purpose of nominating a Healthcare Assistant, Operating Department Practitioner, Clinical Support Worker or Nursing Associate for the TULIP Award.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to process the nomination.
We will protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
If you no longer wish us to process your data for the nomination please contact TULIP.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk
TULIP Award Honorees 2023
Vanessa Juet – Fleming Ward – City Hospital
- Jodie Hollingsworth – Ward F21 – QMC
- Tina Gilchrist – Ward F18 – QMC
TULIP Award Honorees 2022
- QMC NICU Team - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), QMC
- Charlotte Bicknell - Berman 2, City Hospital
- Heather Syson - E14, QMC
- Jaelieh Evanna – C24, QMC
- Brooke Prowett – Fletcher Ward, City Hospital
- Deborah Brown - Renal Outpatients, City Hospital
- Tracey Martin - Dialysis Unit, City Hospital
- Cheryl Trout - Main Theatres ENT, QMC
- Jessica Mitchell - Fleming Ward – City Hospital
- Lorraine Ward - Harvey ward 2 – City Hospital
- Megan Warner - Lister 1 – City Hospital
- Kelly Bird - Hayward House – City Hospital
TULIP Award Honorees 2021
- Clare Hardstaff - Edward 2, City Hospital
- Lauren Dennis - F22, QMC
- Kirk Tooby - Lister 1, City Hospital
- Madelaine Beasley - C24, QMC
- Lianne Clay - Hogarth, City Hospital
- Julia Smith - E14, QMC
- Julie Lee – SRU, City Hospital
- Laura Mitchell – COVID Vaccination Hub, QMC
- Ashleigh Spencer – E40, QMC
- Beverly Willis - Hayward House, City Hospital
- Sheree Hurt - D56, QMC
- Lisa Gossling - SRU, City Hospital
- Janet Newport - F22, QMC
- Julie Bowler - SRU, City Hospital
- Laura Giles - E16, QMC
- Krystyna Hook – Berman 2, City Hospital
- Samantha Sheriff – F22, QMC
- Brenda Smith – Hayward House, City Hospital
- Samantha Sheriff – F22, QMC
- Dawn Glover – Acute Medicine Receiving Area (AMRA), QMC
- Shahban Meherban - ENT Theatres, QMC
- Julie Cooke – Anticoagulation Clinic, QMC
- Donna Traynor - Bonnington, City Hospital
- Tahya Fells – Elective Admissions Lounge (EAL), City Hospital
TULIP Award Honorees 2020
- Paul Stanton – Morris, City Hospital
- Elizabeth White – D10, QMC
- Amy Bramley – Loxley, City Hospital
- Bobbi Bassi – Children’s Ambulatory Care, QMC
- Simon Cooke – Radiotherapy, City Hospital
- Debra Everett – AICU, QMC
- Wendie Clinkscale – Fraser, City Hospital
- Mathew Smith – AICU, QMC
- Melanie Price – Berman 2, City Hospital
- Katie Cookson – F18, QMC
- Angela Wootton – Hogarth, City Hospital
- Samantha Leach – C53, QMC
TULIP Award Honorees 2019
- Ben Whyler – Harvey 1, City Hospital
- Aimee Pickering – D35, QMC
- Ella Comrie – Berman 1, City Hospital
- Emma Stone – C53, QMC
What are the submission methods for the nominations?
We currently have a variety of different ways for you to send nominations. These include:
- Completing a physical tri-fold nomination form available within the wards. Please slip these inside their nomination box, or send your completed form to the following address:
DAISY & TULIP Awards
Institute of Care Excellence
Block A, Flat 9
Nottingham City Hospital
- Manually typing up your nomination story and sending it to either DAISY.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk or TULIP.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk. Please make sure to include the nominee’s full name, their ward and job title, and your contact details. The details should be completed to the best of your knowledge, but receptionists can aid with any specific details.
Can I nominate more than one person?
YES, you can more than one person in a nomination but you can also specify if you want to keep them as separate nominations. Please write separate sentences or paragraphs for each nominee if you would like to keep them as separate nominations.
Can I nominate a whole team?
YES, we understand that it is difficult to choose only one or two individuals for an award and much of our care provided is achieved due to a team effort. Please specify which ward and/or team you are planning to nominate. You can specify names within this if you would like to.
Who can send in a nomination form?
Patients, Relatives, Visitors, Volunteers, Doctors, Colleagues, Students… you name it! Absolutely anyone can send in a nomination, just ensure that the individual you are nominating is eligible for the Award, as noted below. Please note any job titles not listed cannot be included in our monthly voting.
For nominations to other job titles not listed below, please send a nomination via Team NUH Awards.
- Healthcare Assistants (HCAs) including apprentices
- Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs)
- Trainee Nursing Associates (TrNAs)
- Nursing Associates (NAs)
- Clinical Support Workers/ Other Nursing Support Workers
DAISY Awards - click here for more information:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Registered Midwives (RMs)
- Student Nurses
- Entire Team (MUST be led by a RN or RM)
What does the Nominee receive if they HAVE and HAVEN’T won?
If the nominee has the privilege of winning, a ceremony date will be organised in secret and the Honouree will not know of this until the day of the ceremony. They will receive:
- A TULIP Honouree Certificate within a Certificate Folder;
- An Honouree Nomination Letter with their nomination story;
- A TULIP Honouree Pin;
- 1 Set of Party Cupcakes with TULIP cupcake toppers to share with their team;
- A bunch of artificial TULIPs.
If the nominee hasn’t been chosen as the monthly Honouree, they will still receive the following:
- A Nomination Letter with their nomination story;
- A Nomination Pin (currently being processed for future TULIP nominees).
I would love to attend the ceremony if my nominee wins – is this possible?
All nominators are provided an option to attend the ceremony if their nominee wins and our team will notify you for when this will be. These will appear as tick box options in both our tri-fold nomination forms and our electronic forms. Some wards may have older printed copies of the forms in their area, so please specify on the form if you would like to attend if your nominee wins.
How are the nomination forms processed and voted for?
When nominations are submitted, the DAISY and TULIP Admin team will type up the nominations sent within the month and the nominee’s details will then be anonymised before being sent for voting to our review panel, consisting of NUH Staff members. Our nomination review panel are then tasked with choosing a story of 1 RN Nominee, 1 RM Nominee and 1 TULIP Nominee to win per month.
Final votes are tallied and winners are announced to the panellists before ceremonies are organised.
Has my nomination story been voted for yet?
If we have received your nomination after the second week of the month, it will be anonymously voted for in the third week of the following month. Any nominations sent/received before this period will be voted for within the third week of the current month. If this still hasn’t been actioned, kindly e-mail TULIP.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk with your request and we can check our database.
My Nominee still hasn’t received a nomination pin for their nomination – what happened?
TULIP nominee pins will be coming soon and be rewarded to all future nominees once everything has been finalised. Please see the upcoming eligibility criteria for the nomination pin below.
Our eligibility criteria for a nomination pin is as follows:
- 1st and 2nd Nomination – 1 Single Nomination pin each (COMING SOON!);
- 3rd Nomination – 1 Multi-nomination pin (COMING SOON!);
- 4th + Nominations – No Nominations pins provided.
I have lost my nominee pin, can I get a replacement?
YES, you absolutely can! Please send your replacement request to TULIP.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk with your work address and we’ll send this out immediately. Replacements will be available for TULIP single, multi and honouree pins.
If you have any additional queries or requests not mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact the TULIP team via TULIP.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk.