Nominate a Nurse, Midwife, Student Nurse/Midwife or Nurse/Midwife led team for a DAISY Award
If you want to nominate one of our Nurses, Midwives or Student Nurses/Midwives or Nurse/Midwife led team for providing excellent care to you or a loved one you can nominate them for a DAISY Award.
Nominations can be made by completing and posting the nomination cards on wards and in public areas into the DAISY post boxes.
Or by completing a DAISY form.
The DAISY Awards
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award is an international recognition program that honours and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses & midwives provide every day. The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalisation, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way.
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognised at a public ceremony in their ward or department and will receive: a beautiful certificate, a DAISY Award pin, and a hand-carved stone sculpture entitled A Healer’s Touch.
© DAISY Foundation 2016
By completing a DAISY Award nomination form, you consent for your personal data to be processed for the purpose of nominating a Nurse, Midwife, Student Nurse/Midwife or Nurse/Midwife led team for the DAISY Award.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to process the nomination.
We will protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
If you no longer wish us to process your data for the nomination please contact DAISY.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk
Daisy Award Honorees 2023
- Faith Ogiozee Asemota - E14 – QMC
- Haley Frances - Bonington ward – City Hospital
- Lily Wilson - Ward B26 – QMC
- Jeanette Irving – Ward Harvey 1 – City Hospital
- Louise Paterson – Labour Suite – City Hospital
- Clair Pothecary – Ward E40 – QMC
- Laura Liston – Fletcher Ward – City Hospital
- Ellie Fletcher – Ward D34 – QMC
- Tammy-louise Thompson – Hogarth Ward – City Hospital
- Benzy Babu– Loxley Ward – City Hospital
Daisy Award Honorees 2022
- Carrie Hau - E39, QMC
- Lucinda Tussell - Labour Suite, City Hospital
- QMC NICU Team - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, QMC
- Olusola Onuoha - Jenner (HCOP), City Hospital
- Elly Denegri-Howard - Labour Suite, QMC
- Samantha Tye - E38, QMC
- Jenny Vagharia - Labour Suite, QMC
- Katie Davidson - E39, QMC
- C24 Team – C24, QMC
- Kate Shirley – Maternity Triage, City Hospital
- Joanne Smallman - E39, QMC
- Emma Kirton - A23 Emergency Gynaecology Inpatients, QMC
- Hannah Kerr - City Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Katherine Eccles - Labour Suite, QMC
- Rebecca Pratten – Ward B3 – QMC
- Gemma Ollerenshaw - Lawrence Ward, City Hospital
- Ania Oliveira Afonso - Southwell Ward - City Hospital
- Antonia Ison - Gateway G, QMC
- Nadine James - Labour Suite, QMC
- Tania Cooper - D57, QMC
Daisy Award Honorees 2021
- Marta Banaskiewicz-Strzelec – Toghill, City Hospital
- Katie O’Mahoney – E39, QMC
- Chloe Wieckowska – Hogarth, City Hospital
- Claire Christopher – Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Ann Marie Hartshorn – Emergency Department, QMC
- Naomi Poole – Labour Suite, QMC
- Gillian Priday – Breast Institute, City Hospital
- Denise Gordon – E17, QMC
- Joanne Bullen – Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Molly Povey, Community Midwife
- Katherine Jones – Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Meghan Browne – B26, QMC
- Zoe Billyeald - Oncology Research, City Hospital
- Maria Tomlinson – Breast Institute, City Hospital
- Lili Bahrami – F22, QMC
- Fiona Wallis – Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Charlene Smith – B26, QMC
- Irina Bartus – Critical Care, City Hospital
- Lisa Jackson – Interventional Radiology Theatres, QMC
- Robyn Morris – Bonnington, City Hospital
- Rosanna Arnaud – Community Midwife
- Amy Gregory - C29, QMC
- Michaela Gibson – Loxley, City Hospital
- Victoria Black – Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), QMC
- Sharon Molineux – Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Hannah Wegierak – Hayward House, City Hospital
- Abigail Walker - Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Lara Eastwood - Treatment Centre (Gateway G), QMC
- Lucy West – Burns Unit, City Hospital
- Diane Howells – A23, QMC
- Sasha Hamid - Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Abby Lennon – Papplewick, City Hospital
- Jade Church - Sherwood Rise Health Centre
- Kylie Ramsden - Treatment Centre (Gateway F), QMC
- Kia Beeby-Parnham - Labour Suite, QMC
- Tiwonge Nkhonjera – Southwell, City Hospital
- Stephanie Allwood - Bonnington, City Hospital
- Gillian Barker - Sherwood Rise Health Centre
- Kirsty Harwood - Labour Suite, City Hospital
- Molly Irish - D57, QMC
- Mary Tomlinson - Fetal Care Clinic, QMC
DAISY Award Honorees 2020
- Ashleigh Goodwin - ED, QMC
- Amanda Kemp - ACU, City Hospital
- Diane Carey - Breast Institute, City Hospital
- Jade Stolworthy & Jessica Hayward, PCCU, QMC
- Olivia Cavan - Burns Unit, City Hospital
- Nikki Keates - Fertility Clinic, QMC
- Edwin Fairleu - Neonatal, City Hospital
- Alice Sunderland - D33, QMC
- Chloe Wieckowska - Hogarth Ward, City Hospital
- Victoria Phesant - ED, QMC
- Maria Higginson - Tissue Viability Team, City Hospital
- Paula Chapman - Pre-Assessment Unit, City Hospital
- Casey Coleman - C25, Head and Neck Unit, QMC
- Gillian Priday - Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist, City Hospital
- Yvonne Powell Richards - Plaster room, QMC
- Molly Peter - Barclay Thoracic, City Hospital
- Kate Stockley - PICU, QMC
- Laura Plumb and Sarah Pinkstone - C24, QMC
- Amanda Bort - OPAT Team, City Hospital
- Emma Consadine - LD Team, QMC
- Debbie Raffle - Loxley, City Hospital
- Maxine Morgan-Botsie - Multiple Sclerosis Nurse Specialist, QMC
- Deborah Glen - Papplewick, City Hospital
Daisy Award Honorees 2019
- Emma Watson - D34, QMC
- Susan Eaton - Respiratory Nurse Specialist, City Hospital
- Heather Baines - E40, QMC
- Wendy Roome - Outpatients, City Hospital
- Laura Booth - C29, QMC
- Rachel Newton - C14, City Hospital
- Helen Knight - Haematology Unit, City
- Monique Burgin - E17, QMC
- Rebecca Guest - A23, QMC
- Krisztine Pisakne - Barclay Thoracic, City
- Fitzway Nuestro - Newell Ward, City
- Lauren Henrys - C25 ENT, QMC
- Daniel Steven - Fraser Ward, City
- Beatrice Enrietto - D52, QMC
- Hayley Ford - Carrel Ward, City
- Linda Sellors - Maxiofacial, QMC
- Emily Wagner - Gervis Pearson, City
- Leanne Dutton - E40, QMC
- Catherine Reynolds & Susan Eaton - Respiratory Medicine, City
- Kevin Parsons - Fracture Clinic, QMC
- Annabel Kane - Papplewick, City
- Elena Voynova - C5, QMC
Bridget Greengrass - Simpson 2, City
Sue Mazengarb - Head and Neck Unit, QMC
Barnes family visit
The Barnes family visited us here at NUH on the 3rd July 2018. Many of you will recognise the Barnes family as the instigators of the Daisy award which they started after the death of their son and husband Patrick Barnes. Below is a selection of images from the family's visit.
What are the submission methods for the nominations?
We currently have a variety of different ways for you to send nominations. These include:
- Completing one of our electronic forms: DAISY FORM or TULIP FORM (RECOMMENDED).
- Completing a physical tri-fold nomination form available within the wards. Please slip these inside their nomination box, or send your completed form to the following address:
DAISY & TULIP Awards
Institute of Care Excellence
Block A, Flat 9
Nottingham City Hospital
- Manually typing up your nomination story and sending it to either DAISY.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk or TULIP.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk. Please make sure to include the nominee’s full name, their ward and job title, and your contact details. The details should be completed to the best of your knowledge, but receptionists can aid with any specific details.
Can I nominate more than one person?
YES, you can more than one person in a nomination but you can also specify if you want to keep them as separate nominations. Please write separate sentences or paragraphs for each nominee if you would like to keep them as separate nominations!
Can I nominate a whole team?
YES, we understand that it is difficult to choose only one or two individuals for an award and much of our care provided is achieved due to a team effort. Please specify which ward and/or team you are planning to nominate. You can specify names within this if you would like to.
Who can send in a nomination form?
Patients, Relatives, Visitors, Volunteers, Doctors, Colleagues, Students… you name it! Absolutely anyone can send in a nomination, just ensure that the individual you are nominating is eligible for the Award, as noted below. Please note any job titles not listed cannot be included in our monthly voting.
For nominations to other job titles not listed below, please send a nomination via Team NUH Awards .
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Registered Midwives (RMs)
- Student Nurses
- Student Midwives
- Entire Team (MUST be led by a RN or RM)
TULIP Awards - click here for more information:
- Healthcare Assistants (HCAs) including apprentices
- Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs)
- Trainee Nursing Associates (TrNAs)
- Nursing Associates (NAs)
- Clinical Support Workers/ Other Nursing Support Workers
What does the Nominee receive if they HAVE and HAVEN’T won?
If the nominee has the privilege of winning, a ceremony date will be organised in secret and the Honouree will not know of this until the day of the ceremony. They will receive:
- A DAISY Honouree Certificate within a Certificate Folder
- An Honouree Nomination Letter with their nomination story
- A DAISY Honouree Pin
- A Healing Touch Sculpture
- 1 Cinnamon bun cake and 2 other cakes to share with their team
If the nominee hasn’t been chosen as the monthly Honouree, they will still receive the following benefits:
- A Nomination Letter with their nomination story
- A Nomination Pin – if eligible
I would love to attend the ceremony if my nominee wins – is this possible?
All nominators are provided an option to attend the ceremony if their nominee wins and our team will notify you for when this will be. These will appear as tick box options in both our tri-fold nomination forms and our electronic forms. Some wards may have older printed copies of the forms in their area, so please specify on the form if you would like to attend if your nominee wins.
How are the nomination forms processed and voted for?
When nominations are submitted, the DAISY and TULIP Admin team will type up the nominations sent within the month and the nominee’s details will then be anonymised before being sent for voting to our review panel, consisting of NUH Staff members. Our nomination review panel are then tasked with choosing a story of 1 RN Nominee, 1 RM Nominee and 1 TULIP Nominee to win per month.
Final votes are tallied and winners are announced to the panellists before ceremonies are organised.
Has my nomination story been voted for yet?
If we have received your nomination after the second week of the month, it will be anonymously voted for in the third week of the following month. Any nominations sent/received before this period will be voted for within the third week of the current month.
If this still hasn’t been actioned, kindly e-mail DAISY.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk with your request and we can check our database.
My Nominee still hasn’t received a nomination pin for their nomination – what happened?
Our eligibility criteria for a nomination pin is as follows:
- 1st and 2nd Nomination – 1 Single nomination pin each
- 3rd Nomination – 1 Multi-nomination pin
- 4th – 9th Nomination – No Nominations pins provided
- 10th Nomination – 1 Platinum Multi-nomination pin
If you are the nominee and believe you are to receive a nomination pin, please e-mail DAISY.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk with the approximate date you believe you were nominated and the full name of the nominator (if eligible).
Please further understand that if you haven’t received a nomination pin yet, it is likely due to limitations in inventory and delays in shipping orders from USA. However, you can still contact us on the e-mail addresses mentioned above, just to be on the safe side.
I have lost my nominee pin, can I get a replacement?
YES, you absolutely can! Please send your replacement request to DAISY.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk with your work address and we’ll send this out immediately.
Please note that this is only available for Daisy single, multi and platinum nomination pins, not honouree pins.
If you have any additional queries or requests not mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact the DAISY team via DAISY.Awards@nuh.nhs.uk