If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) – a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia) – the advice is to stay at home for 10 days. All members of this household should remain at home for 14 days.

If you think you have symptoms, please do not attend your hospital appointment until you are advised it is safe to do so. Please contact us to rearrange your appointment, or to re-organise treatment and tests.

The latest information on the Covid-19 vaccination programme in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire can be found here.

Immunoglobulins for prevention of specific infections

All cases should be discussed with the duty virologist (or on-call medical microbiologist out-of-hours) who will advise and organise antibody testing, where indicated.

National guidance can be found in the PHE (Public Health England) publications:

Immunoglobulin stock is held in B Floor Phamacy (QMC) on behalf of the PHE:

  • Varicella Zoster immunoglobulin (VZIG)
  • Hepatitis B immunoglobulin (HBIG)


Obtaining immunoglobulins (VZIG & HBIG)

The VZIG and HBIG stock in QMC pharmacy are held on behalf of the PHE.

Mandatory authorisation from the duty virologist (or on-call medical microbiologist out-of-hours) is required if access to VZIG or HBIG is clinically indicated.  You are required to have patient and exposure details (time and circumstances) ready when contacting the duty virologist (or on-call medical microbiologist).

For rabies immunoglobulin for post-exposure prophylaxis please contact the duty virologist (or on-call medical microbiologist out-of-hours).