Resuscitation training department
The resuscitation training department consists of a team of both adult and paediatric resuscitation officers from a variety of clinical backgrounds, course administrator, course coordinator and both adult and paediatric lead resuscitation officers.
What do we do?
- We offer a wide range of resuscitation training courses for internal and external candidates which follow National Resuscitation Guidelines.
- We provide resuscitation training to all members of the multidisciplinary team and have robust resuscitation training programmes for trainee doctors.
- We work in line with evidence based guidelines and research from the Resuscitation Council (UK), Nursing and Midwifery Council, British Medical Association, Healthcare Professions Council and the British Heart Foundation.
- We lead and manage a variety of resuscitation related projects which includes performing resuscitation audits.
- We attend and provide expertise at 2222 calls across both the QMC and City hospitals and provide leadership in the management of the acutely deteriorating patient and cardiac arrests.
- We act as a resource of advice and guidance to all staff across the Trust in relation to resuscitation queries.
- We continually review current research and evidence to improve standards and practice in consultation with the Resuscitation Committee.
- We network with other hospital trusts' resuscitation departments and emergency care providers.