Palliative care support services
We work with a range of support services and organisations for people in Nottinghamshire.
Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service
Here at Nottingham’s Macmillan Information and Support Service we take the time to understand the individual person and provide the support, information and tools needed to find a way through the cancer journey. We offer a warm and comfortable environment that provides calm in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the busy Hospital. A listening ear is always waiting, we understand that everyone’s cancer journey is unique and we tailor our support to fit you as an individual.
We have Information and Support Centre’s at Nottingham City Hospital and Queens Medical Centre and provide a free and confidential drop-in service for anyone affected by cancer, at any stage of their cancer journey, including:
- Emotional support
- Support for carers, including Holistic Needs Assessments for Carers
- Information about specific cancers, treatments and side effects
- Information and advice about Diet, Physical Activity and Eating Problems
- Benefit and Financial advice, including accessing grants
- Information and support to help you talk to loved ones including children
- Support for families, carers and friends who have lost a loved one to cancer
- End of Life issues including will writing and funeral costs
- Advice about travel insurance and holidays
- Support with sorting out personal affairs
- Help with work related issues
- Information and support on genetics and risk factors
- Accessing practical support in the community
Telephone Number: 0115 8402650 / 0115 9709933
Maggie's Centre (City Hospital)
The Maggie’s Centre is located in the grounds of City Hospital near the Breast Institute. It’s a short walk from Hayward House. It’s a drop in centre where you can pick up useful information, join in group work, receive benefits advice or simply have a cup of tea in a welcoming and friendly environment. Information on all the services can be seen on the centre’s website: www.maggiescentres.org
Support for families and young children
Winston's Wish - the charity for bereaved children
Guidance and information for families or carers of bereaved children. Contains an excellent interactive section for children.