Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre
The Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre in Nottingham offers a comprehensive range of clinical and laboratory services for people with haemophilia and other bleeding disorders and their families.
The specialist nursing team coordinates haemophilia services in our hospital and in the community, including liaison with other hospitals and haemophilia centres.
The centre offers a telephone helpline during working hours, home treatment training and education including home and school visits, management of patients’ home treatment and treatment for patient bleeding episodes, dentistry and surgical procedures in the hospital.
Dedicated physiotherapists (for both adults and children) undertake clinic appointments to regularly assess joint and muscle function for patients with severe haemophilia.
Thursday mornings and Monday afternoons in South Paediatric Outpatients, B floor, QMC for:
- New patient referrals from GPs/consultants
- Children under 16 with severe haemophilia and other bleeding disorders
Adult Haemophilia Clinic
Every Monday morning (except bank/public holidays) in Clinic 2, B Floor, QMC for:
- New patient GP and consultant referrals
- Follow-up of patients with severe haemophilia (minimum six-monthly) or mild haemophilia, VWD, other bleeding disorders (minimum 12-monthly)
Nurse-Led Adult Telephone Clinic
Every Wednesday afternoon (except bank/public holidays) for follow up of stable patients with non-severe bleeding disorders.
Pregnancy Assessment Clinic
Every Tuesday morning in the antenatal clinic, B Floor, QMC for:
- Women with bleeding disorders/haemophilia carriers who are pregnant
- Women requiring pre-pregnancy counselling
- Women (and their partners) requiring pre-natal diagnosis
Contact us and find us
The unit is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm. In an emergency outside these hours call the hospital switchboard.
Tel: 0115 924 9924 and ask the operator to bleep the on-call haematology registrar.
Dedicated treatment room and haemophilia unit office
Queen's Medical Centre
Getting to us
You will need to use a lift or scale stairs to access this serivce.
- Hospital maps QMC
- Medilink and Park and Ride
- Travel by tram
- Travel by bus
- Travel by car and parking
- Travel by bike