We provide a regional service investigating the function of your central (brain and spinal cord) and peripheral (nerves outside your brain and spinal cord) nervous systems.
You are likely to be referred to us by your hospital consultant if you are experiencing seizures, pins and needles, episodes of weakness or are having trouble with your sleep (amongst many other reasons).
We have particular expertise in spinal cord monitoring during scoliosis surgery, recording brain activity over long periods in Intensive Care settings and performing complex sleep studies in children.
We provide the following investigations:
- routine and sleep-deprived Electroencephalography (EEG)
- long term EEG monitoring (Ambulatory, Video Telemetry)
- cerebral Function Monitoring (CFAM)
- electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- tri-modality Evoked Potentials (Auditory, Visual, Somatosensory)
- intra-operative spinal cord monitoring
- sleep Studies (Multiple Sleep Latency Tests, Polysomnography, maintenance of Wakefulness)
- head-up tilt-table tests (HUTT)
We are based solely at the Queens Medical Centre Campus.
Find us on B Floor, West Block, opposite west block lifts. From Main Entrance turn right and follow the corridor. Clinical Neurophysiology is approximately 150 yards down on the left.
If you require a map of our QMC campus please click here.
QMC Tel: 0115 924 9924 then enter the appropriate extension:
Main Reception - Ext: 64858
Booking Line - Ext: 61147 (or direct dial Tel: 0115 970 9147)
Open 9am-3pm Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday
An answer machine is available.
Fax: 0115 849 3225
Please note this is only checked once daily (Mon-Fri)
Tel: 0115 924 9924 Ext: 64859