Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
T&Cs of NUH Travel to Work Scheme (14th Feb 2023)
The NUH Travel to Work Scheme allows staff to take advantage of the discounted advance travel pass rates offered by most transport operators without having to pay the full amount in one go. Instead NUH buys the ticket on behalf of the employee, at the discounted rate, and then this is taken back from the member of staff's salary in monthly instalments for the duration of the pass.
The NUH Travel to Work Scheme is only available to staff directly employed by the Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Applicants eligible to join the Travel to Work Scheme must meet a series of conditions to be granted a Travel to Work Scheme pass:
- Be directly employed by the Trust (whether on permanent or fixed term employment).
- The end date of the travel pass must not exceed the end date of the applicant's contract of employment.
- The applicant must be on active assignment (including acting up, on maternity/adoption leave and on internal secondment).
- Staff with Locum, Bank or Honorary employment status are not eligible to apply to the NUH Travel to Work Scheme.
- All travel passes start on the 1st of the month. Application must be received by the 13th of the month prior to the month you wish the travel pass to commence. Example: to obtain a travel pass for November applications must be submitted by 13th October.
- Upon the approval of an application, deductions will be taken monthly directly from net salaries through the NUH payroll system.
- Upon successful application, the operator will issue a valid travel pass/card.
- Travel pass/cards are not transferrable and any misuse of the Travel to Work Scheme cards will be handled directly by the operator, and may result in a cancellation of the pass, and a potential banning (temporary or otherwise) from joining the travel scheme again.
- By applying to this Travel to Work Scheme, employees consent to the Trust sharing with the relevant travel scheme operator relevant personal information provided on the application form, including name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- The Trust is not liable for any travel related incidents involving staff who acquired their travel pass via the NUH Travel to Work Scheme system.
- The Trust does not accept any liability for loss or damage caused for any of the travel schemes or passes issued.
- In the event that a member of staff needs to cancel a travel pass before its expiry date they must notify the NUH Travel to Work Scheme Management team (email@example.com). A cancellation charge will apply in accordance with both NUH's guidelines and each transport operator's T&Cs. This cancellation charge will be deducted from salary. More information available on the Scheme's Frequently Asked Questions.
- Passes must be fully paid at the end of employment. Otherwise these require cancellation.
- For staff leaving the Trust, if they don't notify directly the request to cancel their pass, their pass will be cancelled upon notification of them leaving by pay services in line with the scheme's cancellation process (see 15) and charged any applicable cancellation charge from their final salary.
- For staff that already left the Trust without cancelling their pass, their pass will be cancelled upon notification of them leaving by pay services in line with the scheme's cancellation process (see 15) and charged any applicable cancellation charge via an invoice.
- The last day of the pass validity will depend up on the date of the request for cancellation.
- Cancellations received on the last working date before and up to the 1st of the month will be cancelled on the last day of that month.
- Cancellations received after the 1st of the month will be processed the following month, making the cancellation effective on the last day of that following month. Example: a cancellation submitted between 7 May and 1st June will be processed on 1st June with end day effective on 30 June.
Terms and Conditions of the operator of each travel scheme also apply.
Nottingham City Transport T&Cs (terms of carriage) and T&Cs (Easyrider)
Trent Barton T&Cs
East Midlands Railway T&Cs and National Rail T&Cs,
Nottingham City Council (Robin Hood) T&Cs
Nottingham Express Transit (NET) T&Cs
If a pass is cancelled from Tramlink then the forfiet provided by the travel to work scheme is discounted and the staff member will need to pay the difference in balance.
EAST MIDLANDS TRAINS:
- The value of an annual pass from East Midlands Trains will be taken back from the member's staff salary in 10 monthly instalments, as per the operator's T&Cs specify no reimbursements will be done for cancellations after month 10.
- As per clause 16, no cancellations will be required from month 10, and no deduction fees will apply.
- Upon cancellation, the East Midlands Trains travel pass card must be returned to the Trust to complete the cancellation process.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on applications visit the NUH Travel to Work section on the NUH Travel website (https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/travel-to-work-scheme) or contact the NUH Travel to Work Scheme management team (firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 71248).
March 2023- NUH Discounted Tram Pass - £300 (£25 a month) In the event I go into unpaid leave for any reason whilst repaying this amount, the deductions will recommence as soon as I return to being paid by the Trust. If I leave the Trust prior to the balance being paid, I agree for the Organisation to deduct the balance from my net salary during my period of notice. If there is insufficient money to deduct what is owed from my final pay or during my notice period, the Trust will send an invoice to me for the remaining amount. If I already have a tram pass on the Travel to Work Scheme I understand that I cannot cancel my pass and switch to the £300 pass. Doing so may cause me to risk being barred from the scheme via Tramlink. I understand that purchasing the pass is my own responsibility and so I will pay back any moneys owed on the pass if I have chosen to purchase a second pass. I accept that the NUH Discounted Tram Pass is not eligible for cancellation under any circumstances. The NUH Discounted Tram Pass must be activated prior to September 2023. If the pass is not activated before September 2023 the pass will be cancelled by Tramlink and the £300 owed by the staff member will still be deducted. I understand that by failing to activate my pass by September 2023 I will be unable to use my pass and I will still be responsible for paying for the pass and cannot be refunded.