Linden Lodge Neuro-Rehabilitation Unit
Linden Lodge is a 25-bedded specialist neurological rehabilitation unit at City Hospital. Its team provides comprehensive specialist assessment and treatment for patients aged 16 and over with a wide range of neurological conditions including:
- Major trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Acquired brain injury
- Spinal cord injury or disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Complex disabilities
This specialist medical, therapy and nursing teams work together to help each patient improve their health and wellbeing as much as possible and support them to return home or go into a care environment. They do this by:
- Providing a programme of care designed to best support each patient’s needs
- Working with patients to identify specific and realistic goals
- Promoting a 24-hour approach to rehabilitation by encouraging independence in a safe environment
- Providing evidence-based treatments efficiently
- Educating and supporting patients and relatives throughout their time on the unit
- Involving patients and staff in developing our services for the future
- The teams are supported by other NUH colleagues, including acute services and radiology
We provide nursing care 24 hours a day with therapy sessions running between 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Some patients may also receive additional occupational therapy or physiotherapy sessions with a therapy support worker on a Saturday.
The therapies we offer include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, neuropsychology and dietetics.
Every patient is unique and will be assessed individually so that we can tailor an individual rehabilitation programme with input from each relevant therapy.
Visiting hours and protected mealtimes
Visiting times are from 12pm to 8pm (except during meal times as detailed below).
All visitors must sign in and out at the front desk. There may be times when patients are having therapy and visits are not appropriate.
Meal times are protected to help support our patients’ recoveries, so we ask that visitors don’t disturb patients during the following times:
- Breakfast: 8am-10am
- Lunch: 12:15pm-1:15pm
- Supper: 4:45pm-5:45pm
Location and car parking
Linden Lodge is on the North Road within the City Hospital site. The closest entrance is Gate 4 on Edwards Lane. The nearest pay and display car park for visitors is the purple car park, opposite the lodge
Staff Information: Referrals
Referrals must be made by a health professional via NOTIS using our online referral form. Order item referral code LLNRU.
New referrals will be discussed within the multi-disciplinary team, who will usually also arrange a pre-admission assessment visit please speak to a clinican.