We are a leading Cancer Centre specialising in diagnosis, treatment, research and education.
We have strong research and academic links with the University of Nottingham, which enables us to undertake ground-breaking research into new cancer drug therapies and treatments.
The Nottingham Cancer Clinical Trials Team, helps patients take part in cancer clinical trials within Nottinghamshire. We are part of the National Institute for Health and Care Research Clinical Research Network.
The NCCTT specialises in the following cancers:
- Group 1 – breast, gynaecological, and head and neck cancer
- Group 2 – upper gastrointestinal, lower gastrointestinal and endocrine cancer
- Group 3 – urological, bone and soft tissue, brain and skin cancer
- Group 4 – cancer services at Kings Mill Hospital in Sutton-in-Ashfield, part of Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Group 5 – haematological (blood) cancer.
Working with partners in Cambridge and Leicester, we were also one of 11 national Genomic Medicine Centres contributing to the 100,000 Genomes project for cancer and rare diseases.