Application for R&I Recovery, Resilience and Growth Funds
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure that you have the relevant information about your research proposal ready before you start the appllication process. You can see a copy of the application form in the dropdown box below.
Your application will need the support of your Head of Service or, for doctors in training, your Educational Supervisor/Training Programme Director.
You will be asked to attach a letter of support from them to this application.
Please read the terms and conditions below.
When you are ready
To complete your application, please click on the Application Form link below. Please ensure you complete all of the fields marked as mandatory on both pages of the form, otherwise you will not be able to submit your application.
You will be able to export a copy of your completed application for your own reference; you will not be able to save or amend a copy of the form on this website.
What happens next
Once submitted the form will be sent for review to the relevant Divisional RRG Committee. Following this you will be contacted by the Committee to discuss the outome of your application.
Terms and conditions
The RRG application process is as follows:
- Applications will be accepted from any member of staff who is substantively employed by NUH, including doctors in training. Clinical academics employed on a University contract are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants will need to complete and submit the on-line application form shown on this web page
- Applicants will need to demonstrate support from their Head of Service and detail how their job plan will be modified if the application is successful. If the applicant is a doctor in training, they will need to provide evidence of support from their Training Programme Director (TPD) or educational supervisor.
- Applications will be considered by the relevant Divisional RRG committee annually or quarterly – the timetable of application and funding will be communicated at Divisional level. Unsuccessful applicants will be given feedback on the reasons for their rejection and can reapply at subsequent rounds, ensuring these reasons have been addressed.
- Successful applicants will present an update on the progress of their application every 3 months to the RRG Committee.
- The RRG Committee reserves the right to withdraw funding from applicants who are not able to demonstrate satisfactory progress, subject to three months’ notice to the applicant. Extenuating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis.
- The RRG Committee’s decision on awarding or withdrawing funds is final.
What we do with your information
The information you submit via this form will be used to assess your application for funding provided by the Research & Innovation department at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH). The funding is specifically available to support the development oif clinical research projects at NUH.
The information requested is related to your professional role at NUH only.
What you should not submit via our form
Each question within our form clearly stipulates the information required from you. Please do not include further details about yourself or anyone else within this form other than that being specifically asked.
If you need any further clarification please contact the Research Communications Team: R&IComms@nuh.nhs.uk.
What information do we collect?
From our NUH staff when submitting this form:
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your Banding
- Your Clinical Division
- Your NUH email address
- Title of proposed research project
- A summary of your proposed research project and its impacts
- A summary of previous research applications
- Amount of funds requested (for some applications)
- Name of the person supporting your application
- Copy of the letter of support
How we use your information
- Your personal data gathered in this form will only be used to contact you if further contact is needed.
- None of your personal information is sold on or shared with any third party organisation.
Who can access your information
- Form owners and the R&I Communications team. This access is required to confirm your nomination and to keep an accurate record of who you are nominating.
How we store your information
- When a web form has been submitted, an email notifying the form owner of the submission is generated and sent.
Removal of your information from our records
- You are entitled to request that we remove any personal information we have about you stored within our systems at any time. For more information on how to do this please email R&IComms@nuh.nhs.uk.
For further information please visit our Privacy, cookies and disclaimer page.