To be the best acute teaching trust, our services must be equally available to everyone who needs them and we must make the very best use of the diverse talents available to us.
We therefore work to ensure that all staff, patients, carers and stakeholders:
- Are committed to equality of opportunity, treatment and behaviour
- Have equal access to employment, promotion and development
- Have equal access to services
- Have their needs considered as we develop services.
This means that equality and human rights are:
- Embedded in our business planning
- Fully considered within our governance structures
- Part of the personal development of all staff.
Working with our communities
Our responsibilities for engaging and consulting with the public, including diverse and hard-to-reach communities, are set out in a number of documents including Section 242 of the Health and Social Care Act.
Find out more about how we work with communities here.
We support our zero tolerance approach to all forms of discrimination with a number of networks to help staff speak up on any issues. Colleagues considering the impact of their service on the diverse groups of people we serve can also consult with these groups.
- Black and Minority Ethnic Staff Association (promoting racial equality for all NUH employees). Email email@example.com
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (group promoting equality in sexual orientation, open to all staff who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, heterosexual or transgender (LGBT)). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staffability (a network for disabled staff promoting disability equality and challenging stigma). Email email@example.com
- Carers (the network is a virtual group who meet as required to discuss their experiences, talk to people in similar situations and find out about support.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Equality and Diversity
Tel: 0115 969 1169 ext 76135
Click here to download our equality and diversity information leaflet for staff.
Find out more about hate crime and how to report it at www.report-it.org.uk/home
Form could not be loaded, form is either missing or damaged