Within NUH we provide a range of elective paediatric musculoskeletal services. There are four paediatric orthopaedic consultants, two sports medicine specialists and physiotherapist led clinics. We are moving to central review of all referrals to help get patients in the most appropriate clinic from the outset to minimise delays in treatment and improve patient experience.
There are a large number of normal variants when it comes to the development of the lower limbs in children. Flexible flat feet, in-toeing, knock knees and bow legs are common examples of routine referrals.
The aim of this website is to provide reassurance and referral indications for these common conditions as a resource for GPs with the aim of reducing the need for referral and minimising wait times for those who do require assessment.
Each condition has a downloadable leaflet which can be used to assist in giving parents guidance and additional reassurance if required.
- Mr Julian Chell (tel: 0115 924 9924 ext 63141)
- Mr James Hunter (tel: 0115 924 9924 ext 65719)
- Mr Dominik Lawniczak (tel: 0115 924 9924 ext 63141)
- Miss Kathryn Price (tel: 0115 924 9924 ext 65719)
- Ms Charmaine Richards (tel: 0115 849 3326)
- Ms Amy Pattenden (tel: 0115 849 3326)
- Professor Mark Batt (tel: 0115 924 9924 ext 65143)
- Dr Kate Strachan (tel: 0115 924 9924 ext 65143)