Helping you do research
The Research and Innovation Team at NUH is dedicated to helping new, existing and experienced researchers to carry out the highest quality research for the benefit of our patients.
The Team works with patients, carers and the public and with academic, industry and regulatory partners to ensure our research is tackling the health and social care needs locally and for the UK.
What we offer researchers
First and foremost we offer dedicated space to carry out clinical research. This means the facilities, equipment, staff and infrastructure you need for experimental and early phase research. Find out more about our NIHR Nottingham Clinical Research Facilities online.
Expertise and resources
The Research and Innovation team directly supports researchers with:
- Funding and grant applications
- Research approvals (including contracts and external researcher access via the NHS Research Passport)
- Research trials delivery
- Governance and quality assurance
- Data, informatics and research systems
- Intellectual Property and commercialisation of research
- Patient and Public Involvement
- Communications and marketing
- Research careers and training.
Investment in research
Through our commercial research activities, we are able to reinvest this money into facilities, staff and infrastructure which helps to develop and grow our research capabilities.