Research Pump Priming Competition Application Form
Please read all of the information on this page before starting your application
To apply click on the box below.
Before you start your application, please ensure that you have prepared your content carefully, using the application checklist and example form as your guide.
You will not be able to save your content and return to the form at a later point. Information inserted in to a form that is not submitted, will be lost and you will need to start the application process again.
The form can only be submitted when all sections have been completed - please note that word/character counts are restricted.
Please note that to complete the submission you should also have the following documents ready to upload:
- NUH Research & Innovation authorised costing template
- Grant chart or project plan
- Funder feedback information from previous unsuccessful applications for this proposal (where relevant)
The form restricts the number of words/characters you can insert, to prevent submisisons which exceed the stated limits. You should adhere to the word limits throughout the form. Applications which exceed the amounts specified will not be eligible.
Pump Priming Plan Guidelines
Please ensure your research plan includes the following:
- What is the problem being addressed? Please give a clear and concise research question
- Why is this research important/necessary?
- How does the existing literature support this proposal? Please upload a document containing any references to peer-reviewed journals
- What is the research question/aims/objectives?
- A chart/project plan indicating milestones and the expected duration of the pump priming stage
Research Pump Priming Competition (England) Summer 2022
This is an example of the online form that you will need to complete. You can see it by clicking on the text below.
Please note that we can only accept applications using the online form and atatchements whioch are uploaded with the online form. Applications in any other format will not be accepted.
Terms & Conditions
- It will not be permissible for funding awarded to this project to be transferred to a different proposal.
- The submitted proposal should be for original research only and should not have been previously published.
- Funding will be awarded for a maximum of 2 years. All income awarded should be utilised within 2 years following receipt of funding.
Administration of the Nottingham Hospitals Charity Research Fund is provided by the Research & Innovation Department of Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
What we do with your information
The information you submit via this form will be used to assess your application for funding provided by the Research & Innovation department at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH).
The information requested is related to your application form and details surrounding your proposed study only.
What you should not submit via our form
Each question within our form clearly stipulates the information required from you. Please do not include further details about yourself or anyone else within this form other than that being specifically asked.
If you need any further clarification please contact the Research Communications Team: R&IComms@nuh.nhs.uk.
What information do we collect?
From our applicants when submitting this form:
- Your name
- Your institution
- Your email
- Your co-applicants information
- Previous applicants for funding information
- Your research plan
- Costs of your proposed research plan
- Plans to involve the public in your research
How we use your information
- Your personal data gathered in this form will only be used to contact you if further contact is needed.
- None of your personal information is sold on or shared with any third party organisation.
Who can access your information
- Form owners and the R&I Communications team. This access is required to confirm your nomination and to keep an accurate record of who you are nominating.
How we store your information
- When a web form has been submitted, an email notifying the form owner of the submission is generated and sent.
Removal of your information from our records
- You are entitled to request that we remove any personal information we have about you stored within our systems at any time. For more information on how to do this please email R&IComms@nuh.nhs.uk.
For further information please visit our Privacy, cookies and disclaimer page.