National Pump Priming Application Form
Please read all of the information on this page before starting your application
To apply click on the box below.
Before you start your application, please ensure that you have prepared your content carefully, using the application checklist and example form as your guide.
You will not be able to save your content and return to the form at a later point. Information inserted in to a form that is not submitted, will be lost and you will need to start the application process again.
The form can only be submitted when all sections have been completed - please note that word/character counts are restricted.
Please note that to complete the submission you should also have the following documents ready to upload:
- NUH Research & Innovation authorised costing template
- Grant chart or project plan
- Funder feedback information from previous unsuccessful applications for this proposal (where relevant)
The form restricts the number of words/characters you can insert, to prevent submisisons which exceed the stated limits. You should adhere to the word limits throughout the form. Applications which exceed the amounts specified will not be eligible.
Pump Priming Plan Guidelines
Please ensure your research plan includes the following:
- What is the problem being addressed? Please give a clear and concise research question
- Why is this research important/necessary?
- How does the existing literature support this proposal? Please upload a document containing any references to peer-reviewed journals
- What is the research question/aims/objectives?
- A chart/project plan indicating milestones and the expected duration of the pump priming stage
Research Pump Priming Competition (England) Autumn 2022
This is an example of the online form that you will need to complete. You can see it by clicking on the text below.
Please note that we can only accept applications using the online form and atatchements which are uploaded with the online form. Applications in any other format will not be accepted.
Terms & Conditions
- It will not be permissible for funding awarded to this project to be transferred to a different proposal.
- The submitted proposal should be for original research only and should not have been previously published.
- Funding will be awarded for a maximum of 2 years. All income awarded should be utilised within 2 years following receipt of funding.
Administration of the Nottingham Hospitals Charity Research Fund is provided by the Research & Innovation Department of Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
How we use your data
The information you submit via this form will only be used to assess your application for funding from the Nottingham Hospitals Charity Research Fund.
The processing and management of your application and all data contained within it is carried out by the Research & Innovation department at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH).
The data form this form is also shared with the funder, Nottingham Hospitals Charity.
Why we need your information
The information requested in this form is related to your application for funding from Nottingham Hospitals Charity and the details of your proposed research study only.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your data for the minimum period of time which will enable us to:
- process applications;
- assess and evaluate applications in order to make deciopons about the award of fundig grants;
- to performance manage successful grant applications for the entirity of the funding period and in relation to any related/follow-on grant applications as specified in our terms & conditions
- any applicable legal, accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements which specify how long certain records must be kept.
What you should not submit via our form
Each question within our form clearly stipulates the information required from you. Please do not include further details about yourself or anyone else within this form other than that being requested.
If you need any further clarification please contact the Research & Innovation Communications Team: R&IComms@nuh.nhs.uk.
What information do we collect?
- Your name
- Your institution
- Your email
- Your co-applicants information
- Previous applicants for funding information
- Your research plan
- Costs of your proposed research plan
- Plans to involve the public in your research
About the data we collect
Your personal data gathered in this form will only be used in relation to your application for funding from Nottingham Hospitals Charity.
- Your personal information is used only for the requirements to process, assess and independently evaluate/validate your application for research funding
Who has access to this form
This form is managed by the Research & Innovation Communications team, who are employees of the Research & Innovation department of Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The data collected by this form is used by the Funding Development Team in the Research & Innovation department (the form owner).
Requesting the removal of your data
You are entitled to request that we remove any personal information we have about you stored within our systems at any time. For more information on how to do this please email R&IComms@nuh.nhs.uk.
How this website uses your data
For further information please visit our Privacy, cookies and disclaimer page.