We aim to provide caring, safe and thoughtful care to all our patients. If you have any questions during your stay please speak to a member of staff.
Before you leave home
On the day you are due to come in to hospital, please phone us if you feel unwell, for example with a cough, cold or upset stomach. The telephone number to call will be shown in your letter.
Personal items you may need:
Toiletries such as:
- Hairbrush, comb and shampoo
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap, face wash, shower gel
- Hand-wipes or tissues
- Clothing (change of nightwear and underwear, slippers and dressing gown)
- Tablets, medications and inhalers
- Contact details for your next of kin and GP
- Books or magazines
- List of questions or concerns you may want to talk about with your medical team
- Small change
- Any aids, such as glasses or hearing aid
Please do not bring:
- A lot of clothing. Storage space is limited so only bring the clothes you will need for your stay. Please make sure any suitcases or big bags are taken home after you are admitted.
- Flammable materials such as loose matches, lighter fuel etc.
- Any valuables or large amounts of money. (Please note that you will need some cash if you wish to use the patient bedside entertainment system.)
Nottingham University Hospitals will not accept liability for loss of or damage to any article kept in your possession.