The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at NUH is here when you need advice or help.
We aim to help you resolve any difficulties you may have with our services, quickly and easily.
How we work
We always recommend that you raise your concerns first of all with the people who are providing your care. They will usually be the best people to help you and to put things right when they go wrong.
If you aren't able to sort out your concerns with the ward or department directly, we will do our best to help you. If we can't help you ourselves, we will put you in touch with the person who can.
- We can talk to senior staff and/or managers on your behalf
- We can refer you to appropriate outside organisations if you need them
- We can explain the complaints process and refer you to the complaints department when necessary
- We can give you information about the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service
If you are still not happy with the way we have tried to resolve your concerns, you can make a formal complaint through the NHS formal complaints procedure.
More information about PALS is available here in the Patient Advice and Liaison Service folder.
PALS is open from 9.30am to 4.30pm every weekday except bank holidays. We operate a drop-in service so no appointment is necessary.
When the office is closed there is a messaging service available and PALS will contact you as soon as your message is picked up.
How to contact us
During opening hours drop in to our offices:
PALS is situated close to the Main Reception (Derby Road entrance), on the central corridor, opposite X-ray.
At City Hospital
PALS is on the South Corridor at Junction S6.
You can also contact us by email, phone or letter:
- Minicom: 0800 183 0204
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 0115 875 4655
- City Hospital campus: 0115 969 1169 ext 59671
- QMC campus: 0800 183 0204 (free from a landline) or 0115 924 9924 ext 65412 or ext 62301
- From outside the UK: 0044 115 924 9924 ext 65412 or ext 62301
- By post: NUH NHS Trust, c/o PALS, Freepost, NEA 14614, Nottingham NG7 1BR