Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at Nottingham University Hospitals is an easy-to-access service, with a friendly team who are here to offer you advice and information and help if you are having difficulties with our services.

  • We can talk to senior staff on your behalf
  • We can advise you and inform you how to make a formal complaint about our services.
  • We can give you information about POhWER, the NHS complaints advocacy service.

How to contact PALS

By telephone:

Freephone: 0800 183 0204 (free from a UK landline)
From a mobile or abroad: 0115 924 9924 ext 65412 or 62301

Our office is open:
Monday – Friday, 10am-12pm, 1.30pm-3.30pm (excluding bank holidays)
Please leave a message outside these times or if we are unable to answer the phone, and we will return your call as soon as possible.

By email:

You can send us an email at

We will respond to your email within 2 working days.

You can also use the contact form on our website to send us an email.

By text message (for deaf or hard of hearing people):

If you are deaf or hard of hearing and would prefer to send us a text message, you can text us on 07812 270 003.

By post:

You can write to us at:
NUH NHS Trust, c/o PALS, Freepost, NEA 14614, Nottingham NG7 1BR

When to use PALS

If you have a concern about yourself or about a relative or friend in our care, we recommend that you raise your concerns first of all with the people who are providing the care for you or your relative. They will usually be best placed to help you and to put things right when they go wrong. If you want help with doing this, PALS can help you.

If you have a question about your care or about Nottingham University Hospitals and do not know who to ask, PALS may also be able to help you.

If after you have raised your concerns you remain dissatisfied and wish to make a formal complaint, please visit the complaints section of our website for how to do this.

Organisations other than NUH

It may be that you are experiencing issues or difficulties with other NHS organisations, or other services involved in your care.  Nottingham University Hospitals PALS cannot help you with these organisations.

If you are experiencing issues or difficulties with the Circle Nottingham Treatment Centre at QMC, with your GP surgery or dental surgery, or with mental health services or social care, please contact the following:

  • Nottingham Treatment Centre: 0115 970 5800 (ask to speak to Governance)
  • GPs and dentists: NHS England 0300 3112233
  • Mental health services: Nottinghamshire Healthcare PALS 0800 015 3367
  • Social care: please contact the local authority responsible for social care in your area.


POhWER are an independent advocacy service who can help you make a complaint about your NHS care. You can find out more about POhWER in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire by visiting their website at

Tell us about your experience

Want to share a compliment or comment about any of our services? Contact us using our web form:

Or you can write to the Chief Executive:

Chief Executive
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
City Hospital
Hucknall Road
Nottingham NG5 1PB


NHS Nottingham University Hospitals
Cookie Disclaimer

Our website uses cookies to provide you with a better online experience. If you continue to use our site without changing your browser settings, we'll assume you are happy to receive cookies. Please read our Cookie policy for more information.