Welcome to the website of the Children's Renal and Urology Network for South Yorkshire, The East Midlands and The East of England.
We care for children with complex problems with their kidneys and bladder including those needing dialysis and renal transplants. We provide care to children from the East Midlands, East of England and South Yorkshire. The care of patients is based around the specialist serivices at the Children's Renal and Urology, Nottingham with links to consultant paediatricians and shared care clinics in hospitals across the region.
Our visions is that in caring for children and young people with kidney disease we aim to:
- Strive for excellence in the care of all children with acute and chronic renal and urological problems.
- Embrace a partnership ideal with the families and be sensitive to multiculturalism.
- Improve and develop all means of communication with children and their carers and ensure meaningful patient and family involvement.
- Educate all staff and professionals in contact with children with renal problems, including those outside the hospital such as general practitioners, school and nursery staff.
- Seek to carry out researchon clinical care and implement new scientific knowledge to maintain the unit at the leading edge of paediatric renal and urology care
We are now on Facebook. Please like us to receive regular information about events and to make any comments you feel may be useful.