Congratulations to all our Nurse & Midwife nominees!
Every day our Nurses and Midwives work tirelessly caring for our patients and their loved ones. The Nurse and Midwife of the Year Awards 2017 highlight those special people who show the very best of care and compassion on Nottingham's wards and maternity suites.
Soon our judging panel will meet to decide the shortlist of nominees. Once that has taken place, on 12 April the shortlist will be published, so you can vote for your Nurse or Midwife of the Year.
The nurse or midwife with the most public votes during the shortlist period will receive the accolade of ‘Overall Winner’ and have a Nottingham Tram named after them for a year.
Here is the full list of our nominees
A reminder of this years categories:
- Adult Nurse of the Year - A nurse, employed by NUH, who works with patients aged 19 and over.
- Children’s Nurse of the Year - A nurse, employed by NUH, who works with patients aged 18 and under.
- Midwife of the Year - A midwife, employed by NUH (based in QMC, City Hospital or in the community). Award is sponsored by the League of Friends City Hospital
- Student Nurse or Midwife of the Year - A student nurse or midwife, at any stage of their course, who has carried out work placements at NUH in the last 12 months. Award is sponsored by Forever Stars
- International Nurse or Midwife of the Year - A nurse or midwife, employed by NUH, who has moved to the UK to work for the NHS.
- Healthcare Assistant of the Year - A Healthcare Assistant, employed by NUH.
- Nurse or Midwife Leader of the Year - A nurse or midwife whose leadership of a team, ward or project has made a significant difference to the experience of patients and/or colleagues. Award is sponsored by Hairven
- QMC 40 Anniversary Award– Recognising a long serving nurse or midwife, from across the Trust, who has made an exceptional contribution to patient care. Award is sponsored by the League of Friends QMC