Setting up a new research trial at NUH
Helping you do research
The Research and Innovation (R&I) Team at NUH is dedicated to helping new, existing and experienced researchers to carry out the highest quality clinical research for the benefit of our patients.
The R&I Team works with patients, carers and the public and with academic, industry and regulatory partners, to ensure our research is meeting the health and social care needs of the communities we serve.
What we offer clinical researchers
First and foremost we offer dedicated space to carry out clinical research. This means the facilities, equipment, staff and infrastructure you need for all stages of your research.
We host early phase and experimental medicine research in our NIHR Nottingham Clinical Research Facility.
Expertise and support
The Research and Innovation Team directly supports clinical researchers to manage the entire research process:
- Funding and grant applications
- Research approvals (including contracts and external researcher access via the NHS Research Passport)
- Research trials delivery
- Governance and quality assurance
- Data, informatics and trial management systems
- Intellectual Property and commercialisation of research
- Patient and Public Involvement
- Communications and marketing
- Research careers and training.
Investment in research
Through our commercial research activities, we are able to reinvest in facilities, staff and infrastructure which helps to develop and grow our research capabilities.
NUH Research documents
Find all of the documents, templates, policies and procedures for carrying out research at NUH here.