Medical training initiative
We have various international recruitment initiatives, one of which is the Medical Training Initiatives (MTI). The scheme provides Medical International Graduates (MIG) with an opportunity to gain necessary skills and experience of the UK healthcare system over a maximum 24-month period.
The scheme is supported by the Royal Colleges who support successful candidates to obtain GMC registration and Tier 5 visa sponsorship.
The MTI scheme process differs across each Royal College therefore in the first instance we would advise MIG’s liaise with the relevant Royal College via the links below and ensure they are fully aware of the entry requirements:
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Pathologists
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
If you are interested in joining 'Team NUH', we would advise that you review our vacancies on NHS Jobs and contact the lead clinicians for those posts you are considering. You will need to apply for the post however an initial discussion is advisable to ensure the service is able to support you through the MTI scheme if you are successful.