Interesting facts about the filming of 24 Hours in A&E
Are you a fan of 24 Hours in A&E? Do you want to find out more about how it is filmed? Well you've come to the right place!
Here are some interesting facts and figures about how the show was made when it came to Nottingham.
- The Garden TV produced the series for Channel 4
- The series is now in its 10th year and to celebrate, it was decided to move the show outside of London. Nottingham was picked for being one of the busiest A&E department in the country, alongside having a major trauma centre
- The series was filmed from September 2021-October 2021
- The production crew filmed for 46 days straight in the emergency department and also filmed in other areas such as surgery
- A total of 2,000 patients consented to being filmed
- A total of 1,000 staff consented to being filmed
- To film the programme, 126 fixed cameras were used, plus two hand held cameras to cover areas like x-ray
- From the filming, a total of 24 episodes have been made
- Each episode is filmed over a 24 hour period in the hospital
- It take around nine weeks to edit every episode
- Over 100 production team working on location work in shifts 24 hours a day to make the series.