07 August 2017
Teams Triumph in Nursing Times Awards shortlisting
Team and individuals across NUH have been shortlisted for this
year's Nursing Times Awards across four different categories.
This year a nomination for NUH in the Cancer Nursing category
and two individuals have been shortlisted for the 'Rising Star'
category, while a host of projects aimed at improving patient
safety have also been selected.
The Trust has been shortlisted in the HRH The Prince of Wales
Awards for Integrated Approaches to Care for its work with
University Hospitals Leicester.
The Nursing Times Awards celebrate the very best examples of
patient care, safety improvements and working practices in
hospitals across the UK.
This year we have been shortlisted in the following
- NUH nomination for Cancer Nursing
- Rising Star: Tessa Jones, Staff nurse from the Emergency
- Rising Star: Sharon Leighton, Oncology nurse from Cancer and
Associated Specialist division
- HRH The Prince of Wales award for Integrated Approaches to
- Patient Safety Improvement: Enhanced Pathway for neutropenic
- Patient Safety Improvement: Reducing critical medication
The winners of the 2017 Nursing Times Awards will be announced
at the prestigious ceremony on 2 November at the Grosvenor House
Hotel, Park Lane, London.