Adult patient surveys
Our 2016 adult patient survey results were published in January 2017. Of the 1,250 patients asked, 1207 were eligible. Of the 1207 eligible patients, 513 responded (43% response rate). The results show we performed 'about the same' as other trusts taking part in the survey.
We use these results and other feedback to measure how patients feel in our care and about services and to get a rounded picture of where patients want us to do better. This includes feedback via Friends and Family Test, complaints, social media, and comments on websites such as Patient Opinion and NHS Choices.
The full CQC survey results for all NHS hospitals are available here.
Friends and family test
Those who have been cared for by us are invited to give feedback on their care and experience by answering one simple question: "how likely is it that you would recommend this service to a friend or your family?"
This is an important measure of how patients feel in our care and highlights to us where we do well and where we can make improvements.
Latest monthly scores (November 20117)
- Inpatients: 96.4% would recommend, 1.0% would not recommend (35.9% response rate)
- Emergency department: 94.8% would recommend, 2.3% would not recommend (21.8% response rate)
- Antenatal: 100% would recommend, 0.0% would not recommend (40.4% response rate)
- Birth: 98.6% would recommend, 1.4% would not recommend (9.5% response rate)
- Postnatal: 96.7% would recommend, 1.1% would not recommend (14.8% response rate)
- Postnatal community provision: 98.5% would recommend, 0.5% would not recommend (37.5% response rate)
Click here for more information and to see results for other trusts.
Submit your feedback
Within 48 hours of leaving the hospital, patients can complete a Friends and Family Test online. Click on the relevant link below and follow the instructions on the card issued on discharge.