The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at NUH is here when you need advice or help. We aim to help you resolve any difficulties you may have with our services, quickly and easily.
How we work
We always recommend that you raise your concerns first of all with the people who are providing the care for you or your relative. They will usually be best placed to help you and to put things right when they go wrong.
If you aren't able to sort out your concerns with the ward or department directly, we will do our best to help you. If we can't help you ourselves, we will put you in touch with the person who can:
- We can talk to senior staff or managers on your behalf
- We can refer you to appropriate outside organisations if you need them
- We can explain the complaints process and refer you to the complaints department when necessary
- We can give you information about the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service.
If you are still not happy with the way we have tried to resolve your concerns, you can make a formal complaint through the NHS formal complaints procedure.
An information leaflet with more details about PALS is available here in the Patient Advice and Liaison Service folder.
How to contact us
You can drop in to our offices from 9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays). No appointment is necessary.
The QMC office is close to the main entrance, opposite the X-ray department on the central corridor towards South Block.
The City Hospital office is on the South Corridor at Junction S6.
You can also contact us by email, phone or letter:
- Nottingham City Hospital: 0115 969 1169 ext 59671
- QMC: 0800 183 0204 (free from a landline) or 0115 924 9924 ext 65412 or ext 62301
- Minicom: 0800 183 0204
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 0115 875 4655
- From outside the UK: 0044 115 924 9924 ext 65412 or ext 62301
- By post: NUH NHS Trust, c/o PALS, Freepost, NEA 14614, Nottingham NG7 1BR
There is a messaging service available when the offices are closed, and we will contact you as soon as we pick up your message.